River City members are part of a business network that offers many opportunities for businesswomen, locally and nationwide. Our membership is diverse in age, industry and career level. We are executive officers, hold administrative and management positions and work as professional, technical and sales experts. About half are small business owners.
River City members belong to the American Women’s Business Association (ABWA), one of the largest professional women’s organizations in the nation, and have access to an abundance of benefits and resources, such as:
- Monthly meeting fee discounts
- Greater business connections with fellow members
- Opportunities to gain exposure at the annual member showcase and featured member table at monthly meetings
- Member Article (share your professional expertise, advice, and tips on professional and career topics in an article and we’ll feature it on our website!)
- Access to ABWA’s nationwide resume posting Career Connection Board
- Discounted registration fees for ABWA’s Nationally Sponsored Events
- Subscription to ABWA’s award-winning magazine, Women In Business
- Bimonthly Achieve newsletter
- Special offers and discounts from ABWA corporate sponsors
- Training opportunities:
- Expert speakers at monthly meetings
- Access to Community Connections, an interactive community and learning portal where you can connect with other women and launch training programs
- Enhance your business acumen through ABWA’s Apex Campus, which includes a variety of online courses from the How to Be Heard Series to the Job Suite Series and courses from Gemba Academy’s School of Lean and Six Sigma: courses such as the 5S Workplace, A3 Thinking and the Kaizen Way.
- Opportunity to participate in the Kansas University School of Business or Park University’s Women as 21st Century Leaders programs which qualify for continuing education credits
Current River City Express members: Membership Directory.
Have questions? Feel free to contact Cheryl Pellegrino, our VP of Membership firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested? We would love to have you join us at an upcoming meeting.
Ready to join? Download the Membership Application and follow the instructions provided or fill out our online application. Then come say hello, network and learn with some pretty amazing women at our next Meeting.
- $115 ABWA National Membership
- $35 River City Express Network Membership
- $50 ABWA National Student Membership*
* To qualify for student membership, include a class schedule reflecting enrollment in 12+ credit hours per semester.
Remember, your annual membership dues is paid directly to ABWA (American Business Woman’s Association) and not to River City Express Network. You have 2 options for renewal.
1) Renew by mail
You will receive an invoice by mail for your annual dues. Just mail that back with your check in the envelope provided.
2) Renew online
Click here to log in to the ABWA Membership area to renew.
If you don’t have your username and password, you can request one right on the page.
In addition to networking and professional development, you can develop your business skills by working as a committee member or project team member. Participation will give you opportunities to practice the skills you already have and learn new skills to add to your resume.